Monday, November 18, 2013

Gotta love what you do

This was my Friday. This was my Saturday.

It was a long weekend of work. I did eight game stories on basketball and volleyball, trying to make each sound exciting and different then the rest although they all blurred together in my head.

In three of those, I had to provide commentary on the streaming webcast online. It was an on the spot offer: "I need you to commentate volleyball." It was a new challenge. I mean, I don't really know volleyball. But it was a fun, spontaneous experience.

Commentary, run down, get quotes, write story, send, run up, commentary, repeat.

At the end of each day, I felt exhausted. I also found out I love what I do.

Anytime I feel like complaining about working any of my numerous jobs over the past year, I stop myself and realize how dumb that would sound. I am being paid to write, watch, and talk about sports.

If you would have told me two years ago when I was spinning my wheels in university, trying to get somewhere I didn't know how to get to, that this is what I would be doing, I would not have believed you.

I am thankful for all the opportunities that have been given to me throughout my schooling and I look forward to many more.

Because I like what I do.

Which is good because this will again be my Friday and my Saturday once again in the not-so distant future.

1 comment:

  1. I still can't get over your stand up from last week. You looked like a rock star.

    ReplyDelete