Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Wrapping up

As the clock strikes noon tomorrow, I will have completed a major goal on my life’s list.

My post-secondary education will be complete.

Never again will I walk into a classroom as a student after many years of doing so (at least that’s the plan). My mom still reminds me of the time she dragged me to my first kindergarten class when I was six. 16 years later, I’m being paroled into the real world.

My two years at Red River College have been the best of my learning years. Uprooting here from Brandon, away from friends and family, to a place where I knew next-to-no one was a challenge. 

But I have learned so much and have gotten the opportunity to do things I didn’t think I would ever get a chance to. I’ve worked for a professional baseball team. I’ve written in the sports section of a major daily newspaper.

For one of the first times in my life, I’ve seen goals that seem unreachable become reality through hard work. 

And after starting in a city where I knew nobody, I’m happy to say I have made many friends in the city. 

Good luck to everyone in my graduating class in their careers. Hopefully we'll run into each other sometime in the field.

No comments:

Post a Comment