Tuesday, October 22, 2013

It's been busy

Here I am, once again, trying to blog in early hours of Tuesday morning. The past week has been really busy for me both in school and with other jobs I have taken up during the school year. The one nice part of this program is when I do something, there is a product to show at the end. I thought I would use this post to highlight a few of the things I've been doing in the last week.

1) One of my favorite opportunities through school came up last year when I got an opportunity to work with the Manitoba Bisons sport teams. I was doing that again this weekend with a pair of game stories on women's soccer, which I know next to nothing about. However, their coach came up to me afterward the game on Saturday and said she really enjoyed my write-up, so I must have done something write.

2) Not that I didn't have before, but I do have a new respect for people who can do multi-hour talk shows. I host the Manitoba Sport Report for my IPP on Red River Radio and I find the preparation and actual show is fun and exhausting. I can't imagine doing it for a three hour show. Here's the website with archived episodes. Only the first one is up but there was a show last night which will be posted very soon.

3) Although this has caused some former hockey playing friends back in Brandon to disown me, I have started working as the media person for Winnipeg AAA Hockey. That requires finding time in my already hectic schedule to go to a game each week, write about, and take pictures. Here's my first one from last week on the homepage of the Winnipeg AAA site.

I also have many other cool projects on the go. Everything I'm doing causes me to be extremely busy but the experience all of the things above offer me is fantastic and I'm glad I'm doing them.


No comments:

Post a Comment